Terms & Conditions
1. Motoreg Ltd requires a 30% deposit to secure the sale of a registration. The balance must be paid in full within five days.
2. Once a deposit has been taken, no exchange or refund will be allowed.
3. If the transfer fails to take place all monies will be paid back in full.
4. Vehicle registration numbers must be correctly displayed. It is an offence to alter, rearrange or misrepresent the letters and numbers to make words or names. You should not use any fixing bolts to change any letters or numbers.
5. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that all the information is correct.
6. It is against the law to make a vehicle look newer than it actually is by changing the registration, for example by putting a V prefix registration on to an S prefix registration.
7. To complete the relevant paper work, we will require your V5C registration document for the vehicle or the new keeper's supplement with a completed V62 (application for vehicle registration certificate V5C).
8. Transfer of registrations can take up to 14 weeks although most are considerably quicker. This can be due to unforeseen circumstances if the registration is not owned by Motoreg. Action by a third party can slow the transfer down. (i.e. the people who currently have the certificate of entitlement) .
9. If we are unable to complete the transfer within 16 weeks of the receipt of cleared funds and the correct documentation from the purchaser, a full refund of all monies paid to Motoreg can be made.
10. No new registration can be put on to a vehicle until the transfer is fully completed.
11. If the seller decides not to sell or the registration number is sold by a 3rd party, you must notify Motoreg by email or post.
12. If the DVLA stop the transfer at no fault of Motoreg. Motoreg will not be held liable for any cost the buyer has incurred.
13. If the DVLA wish to inspect a vehicle, this is done at the owners cost. Motoreg will not be responsible for any delays or costs. 14. The buyer is responsible for payment of the transfer fee.
15. The registration mark must be paid for in full before the relevant documents will be sent to the DVLA to complete the transfer.
16. Under The Consumer Rights (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, does not apply to a personalised product or service (such as a right to display a particular vehicle Personalised registration or Personalised number plate). Our services in respect of supply of Registrations, begins immediately on formation of a contract with you to buy a Personalised Registration and cannot be cancelled. Please note there is no cooling off period permitted.
17. The seller must provide an unexpired certificate which can be sent to the DVLA for amendment. If the registration is on a vehicle it is the seller's responsibility to put this on a retention certificate at their expense.